Monday, January 8, 2018

Let's Start! {1000 mmr}

Well, Hello!

Welcome to the Veteran Noob's MMR Challange Blog!

I called myself a noob but between you and me, I have been playing Dota 2 since Februrary 2015. It has been almost 3 years now. I deliberately stayed away from it for sometime because I knew I was going to get drawn in it completely. My friends who had insisted me to play Dota left the game quite sometime ago. The tension of winning games was too much for them, we had many arguments. Because of their MMR progression stalled, they left.

Despite my friends, I'm stunned by the deepness of the game and my curiosity of "what goes on a pro player's mind  while playing" still keeps me playing.

I know that MMR doesn't solely show how good a player is but mine is really low and this started to hinder my gaming pleasure a lot. I was kind of a "broad knowledge" player from the start instead of being an "MMR guy". I completed the All-Hero Challenge at my first year to get better with all the heroes. I was trying to get better at picking. I even was trying to develope my own picking tool before I started this blog.


(i) The trophy awarded for completing the All-Hero Challenge in the game.


I almost hit 2K MMR by the time of 2017 International. Until then I was using picker tool and picking my top 10 rating heroes according to the line up (See your top rating heroes at the STATS page of your profile). Then the battle pass quests began. I like to play big. I played ranked games, used double rank when I had any, picked heroes to do the quests. Well, it was not too long before I dropped below 1,5K. After the Dueling Fates (7.07) update, honestly, I didn't do much to raise my MMR. I just played. That brought me back to 1K MMR.

After playing 1700 matches and being at 1K MMR looks really hopeless, right? Well, I don't think so. I believe my skill and knowledge of the game is beyond 1K MMR. So, what to do? Follow me here, we are going to find out together.

(i)You can see my current STATS below. Also our good old MMR is still there! See it at the top right corner of your STATS.

No comments:

Post a Comment